Published Aug. 15, 2012
Forty companies of all sizes from across the state are finalists for the Best Places to Work in S.C. for 2012.
The competition, which identifies and recognizes South Carolina’s best employers, is open to all businesses, nonprofits or government entities with at least 15 employees working in South Carolina. To be eligible, an organization must have been in business at least one year.
Winners will be announced at an awards banquet Oct. 4 in Columbia in a countdown format ending with the best place to work in South Carolina in two categories: small/medium-sized companies and large companies.
Best Companies Group, a workplace consulting firm, used employer benefit and policy questionnaires and employee surveys to measure engagement and satisfaction.
The program is sponsored by the S.C. Chamber of Commerce, South Carolina Job Network.com and SC Biz News, the publisher of SCBIZ magazine, the Charleston Regional Business Journal, the Columbia Regional Business Report and GSA Business.
The following is an alphabetical list of the finalists for 2012.
Small/Medium Companies (15 to 249 employees)
- Barling Bay LLC
- Benefit Controls
- C.F. Evans & Co. Inc.
- Clarke & Co. Benefits/McLaughlin Smoak & Clarke Benefits
- CMT Inc.
- Environmental Express Inc.
- First Reliance Bank
- Geocent LLC
- Human Technologies Inc.
- O’Neal Inc.
- Palmetto Citizens Federal Credit Union
- Rosenfeld Einstein
- Rhythmlink International LLC
- Scott and Co. LLP Certified Public Accountants
- Sparc LLC
- VC3 Inc.
Large Companies (250 or more employees)
- Blackbaud Inc.
- Charleston Water System
- Colonial Life
- Continental Tire the Americas
- Edward Jones
- Elliott Davis LLC
- First Citizens Bank
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Life Cycle Engineering
- MARS Petcare
- McAngus Goudelock & Courie
- NBSC, a division of Synovus Bank
- Palmetto Health
- Sage Automotive Interiors
- Safelite Auto Glass
- Select Health of South Carolina
- Synnex Corp.
- Total Quality Logistics
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice LLP