Published March 5, 2014
Great Business Networking LLC is hosting a free expo on Thursday to help small businesses and individuals learn about health insurance options.
Get Informed 2014 Expo will be held from noon until 6 p.m. at the Omar Shrine Temple, located at 176 Patriots Point Road in Mount Pleasant. An after-hours mixer is scheduled for 6-9 p.m.
Approximately 50 businesses from the greater Charleston area are expected to attend, including Clifford Ryba Mortgage Lending, Melaleuca, WAY-FM, Water Missions International, InTown, A Snappy Event, Saltbusters, Rooted ID, UR World Marketing, Jeff McDowell Wells Fargo, Any Body’s Pilates, In Works, Mary Kay and LegalShield.
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina representatives will also be on hand to provide health insurance evaluations and quotes.
BlueCross agent Stephen Yantek will discuss group insurance during a seminar. Yantek is expected to explain why small businesses, especially startup companies, should offer health insurance as well as how health care reform affects group coverage, options for group plans and the benefits of having a group plan, according to a BlueCross spokeswoman.
Another seminar will be geared toward individuals who are required to purchase health insurance by March 31 or face a tax penalty. The seminar will be led by BlueCross agent Jennifer McCormick.
Schedule for Get Informed 2014 Expo:
- Noon — BlueCross BlueShield Health Care and You in 2014.
- 1:30 p.m. — Corporate Cycle Consulting LLC and American Business Women’s Association speak about starting a business in 2014.
- 2:30 p.m. — BlueCross BlueShield group employee benefits and business requirements.
- 3:45 p.m. — Lender matchmaking event for business owners.
- 5:00 p.m. — Guest speaker state Rep. David Mack III.
- 5:20 p.m. — A Mount Pleasant town council member will be a guest speaker.
The expo will include a job fair, silent auction, free giveaways and facials and a $200 cash drawing.
Proceeds from the event — sponsored by Greater Business Networking, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, Rooted ID and WAY FM — will go to Water Missions International.